The Daily DIYer

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

DIY Upholstered Headboard

I really enjoyed the look of how our bedroom used to be decorated.  We had a whole matching suite set, I creating some beautiful piece, and I really did love it. (You can see the before look HERE )  However, when we upgraded to a king mattress, it was time to also upgrade the headboard.  I knew we could live without the headboard for awhile as long as we had the mattress, and we did... for about 3 months.  Although I did have all the supplies for this build for just about that long.  It's always just about, when we can get around to projects.  I knew this one would be all of a two day process, although quite simple, just a little time consuming, so yes it did take 3 months to find two back to back days of free time to get to it.  I'm so glad we finally did!

This headboard turned into exactly what I had envisioned in my head.  I wanted something similar to one on Wayfair, however $700 was not in our budget.  Instead we sort of picked pieces of this and that tutorial and sort of created our own way of doing things to get the look we wanted.  I wanted something cozy, comfortable, and grand.  A big focal point of the room.  In the end, it all came together beautifully.

You can find the tutorial for how to Bleach Drop Cloth HERE
This is the inexpensive material I used for our headboard (only $20!).  Make sure you have lots of staples on hand, because you will for sure be using lots of them.  I share some short cuts and budget saving tips in the video linked below as well.  I would say all in all this project cost us under $100.  (Well worth the effort to save $600 off the Wayfair version I originally wanted).  I hope the video tutorial inspires you!  Enjoy!

Direct link to the video here:

 photo Signature_zpsv4kveavu.jpg

1 comment: